So the Bees are almost all gone. After a weekend of multiple visit from the Bee Wrangler, and his declaring that we probably have something like 10-12 THOUSAND of the suckers!! ICK!! By Sunday night we were down to maybe 200, and in relative terms I know that is still A LOT OF FREAKING BEES... but really, go look at those photos again... its really not a lot of bees. Honest.
So last night Cory went out and zapped the remaining suckers. With a wasp blaster foam, shoots from up to 8 feet away! He put on his baggy pants, a thick jacket and this mosquito net thing I bought him as a joke when we first moved to the country. And zapped those Bees he did. Now instead of 200 we have maybe 15 floating around. Hopefully, now that all their little friends are either dead or moved, and the Queen is long gone, on to a new and exciting home with the Bee Wrangler, they will either leave on their own, or just kick the bucket.
In the meantime the side of my house is covered in wax. Those suckers were moving fast in building a new hive. Amazing. I'll post pictures later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news, I am meeting my ex-boyfriend from 10 years ago for coffee tomorrow afternoon. Yeah, I don't know why I am either. Stupid Facebook.
July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment