Well, I applied for those two other positions, so I should hopefully hear something in the next two weeks (or possibly 4! Youch!!). In the meantime, I'm going to do my best and try and forget about them and move on with other things. Like my new freelance gig. Hopefully I'll know more about that tomorrow.
*************
And in other news, I spent 7 hours without power on Saturday. We had a massive (70-90KM/hour) winds and rain, and our power decided it was a good to time to go. I had just settled NatNat in front of the TV to watch her favourite Baby Crack (aka Finding Nemo), and was working at cleaning our laundry room (sadly, the top of the dryer is where we drop everything when we come in the door from the garage), when the power blipped once, and then just died. There was almost zero noise, no more house hum, no sound of the washer, no Marlin and Dory on the TV. Nothing. Nada, Zip. All I could hear were little feet padding down the back hall to find me with the words: "Mommy, fishy, doing?".
I just about cried.
That was 10:30 in the morning, little did I know I had another 7 hours of this blessed silence to go and a toddler to amuse without the aid of music or TV. And we survived. Although I spent most of it thinking "it will come back on any minute, right!?!".
In the end, it wasn't too bad. I got the laundry room clean, I sorted photos, I cleaned out the desk in the kitchen. I even made Cory go and pick up KFC for dinner, candles and ice (just in case we needed to put the dairy in a cooler for the night). Turns out we didn't need it, but I like being prepared.
And then last night we got to babysit our good friend's 5.5 month old baby girl. What a smiley little bug! So cute, and NatNat was so good with her (wanted to feed the baby her bottle, wanted to read the baby a book - very cute!). The experience gave me a new appreciation for what my mother went through having my sister and I only 15.5 months apart. Yikes!!
(and I probably won't admit this anywhere but here, but I'm starting to get the 'I want another baby' twinge, and last night didn't cure it).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
don't say yikes.. seriously 3 months away from #2 who will be 17 months apart.. and Im feeling yikes, but don't like say it.. outloud.
Anyways....the rules are from this book, and have lots of cool very easy sewing patterns... enjoy.. :)
http://www.amazon.com/Bend-Rules-Sewing-Essential-Guide/dp/0307347214/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216058561&sr=8-1
7 hours - thats a long time! We forget how spoiled we are with technology, huh?!?!?!
Holding a sweet baby always gives me that same feeling - I say go with it....
Oh Leslie, you will be fine! I have complete and totally confidence that you will be able to handle both babies. :)
Post a Comment