July 24, 2008

21 months ago at the moment...

I was getting ready to have an 'emergency' c-section (I use the quotations because NatNat was doing it her own way and was the wrong way down - so it really wasn't much of an emergency), I was about to become a mother for the first time. I was not, as I am today, sitting in my office doing research on WASPS!!

Yes, you read that right. I have wasps. Now, normally this wouldn't exactly be an issue, except we didn't know we had wasps, and somehow today, their nest broke and they were swarming the back of the house when I got home.

They have since calmed down and are just lounging around the drain pipe. But it hasn't been pretty. Nope, not pretty at all. Take a look at the pictures. Its all bad.

So what I am now left to wonder is: how do I get rid of wasps that no longer appear to have a home?!?! Anyone???? HELP!!!???

Update: Turns out we likely have Honey Bees. And I can not tell you how thankful I am about that (so much better than wasps, 'causes Bees won't attack for no reason)! I'm waiting to hear back from a Bee Wrangler (hey its what he called himself), who lives out near us who is willing to come and get them. So, if they are still there... I think they might be getting a new home, and shortly. Because apparently the fact that they have attached themselves to the north-east corner of my house is a very, very, very bad thing and they would have shortly been making themselves a new hive in my walls. Nice, huh? Thank you for your suggestions on how to get rid of them, I may end up needing them in the end. I'll keep you posted on Bee Drama 2008.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

ew yikes!! you may want to seriously consider calling a pest-removal company, that looks like way more wasps than can be handled with just a can of spray from the hardware store! And they might be inside the eaves and siding on your house. ICK!

We had a problem with yellow jackets about 3 or 4 years ago, they were in our attic and getting into our kitchen through the recessed lighting (both me and one of the cats got stung!) A friend of my mom's does pest-removal for a living, and he came in his big bee suit and sprayed this stuff and it worked like magic!

Unknown said...

Look for a wasp trap at CT or the like. You put a red, sugary liquid in it, mixed with a bit of dish soap, and the wasps fly in, but the soap coats their wings so they can't fly out. It looks pretty gross, but it would work.

Good luck getting rid of the buggers!