July 8, 2008

Missing in action

Okay, so I haven't been a round much lately. I've been busy. Really, really busy. Doing what? Well, lots of stuff actually.

First, those 4 days of work I had left before vacation were nutty, nothing but meetings and running around, and general craziness, and I didn't get a chance to blog (not that I didn't think of you all every single day. really.)

Then, I was down in Minneapolis for 5 days shopping until I dropped (and yes I dragged NatNat along while her father went fishing). Oh, the clothes I bought. Remember the whole mass shopping I did back in May? Well, I found bottoms to go with all those lovely tops! Thank the maker for Ann Taylor Loft and Banana Republic. More importantly we should thank them for making petites that fit my freakishly short legs. So now I no longer have to be naked at work from the waste down. Scary.

But the best part about the shopping in MN is I got NatNat's 2nd b-day present. What do you mean she doesn't turn 2 for another 4 months? I've been wanting to get her one of those play set kitchens, problem is, up here they are like $200. And all I kept thinking was "$200 for a plastic kitchen!?!? That's insane!!". So I did some checking online and the ones I liked were more like $160 - $170 (plus only 1 tax - we have 2. Boo on the stupid GST). So I went down specifically to buy one and bring it back up (because let's face it at 20 months, if NatNat doesn't really notice the box, she won't have a clue what is in it or remember it by the time her b-day comes around in October). So I go to Toys R Us and am prepared to buy this one for $159.99, which wasn't exactly the one I wanted, but close enough ('cause they didn't have the other one in the store, and it was the same price). So, my friend and I put this thing in a cart (HUGE BOX), and push it up to the register, where the cashier rings it through, and get this... it was 20% off!! I ended up getting something that would have cost me $224 (with taxes) up here for $136.27!!! Needless to say, to me, this was the deal of the century. Even if it did take up 75% of the back of my mom's CRV on the way home. Whoops.

Then the rest of last week was spent just bumming around the house with my not-so-baby-anymore NatNat. Who know likes to constantly ask me "Mommy doing?". Its cute for a while, after the 400th time I'm about ready to throw myself off the roof.

Which brings me to yesterday, and not getting the job. Which, you know, after I was a little bummed out yesterday, I'm okay with. I applied for another job yesterday afternoon (one I probably am more suited for as it didn't have any policy in it), and I figure I have just as good a shot at that one. Plus there is another one I need to send in an app for. Onward and upwards is my new motto.

So, what's new with you?

No comments: