June 12, 2008

Da Interview.....

So I had my interview this morning... and I have to say, it went really well.

Considering I haven't had an interview in, oh, 12 years. Considering I really had no idea what I was doing. Considering I was (only in my head) running really late. Considering I was nervous, and stuttering and thought I was going to puke. Considering I was so out of it, I took NatNat to daycare without any shoes (whoops!).

Yeah, it went well. And even if I don't get the job (I'll know one way or another next week - either I'll get a yes-call or a letter saying 'thanks, but no thanks'), I did good. So in my opinion the experience was a success.

Plus I looked really good, although I didn't take a picture (well I did - but I have yet to master the ability to take self portraits). But I wore my new suit (beige), a funky empire wasted orange 'Hawaiian' top, and those awesome brown ballet flats I mentioned a while back (I'd find the link - but I'm lazy). And... I ended up getting almost-free parking. I found a meter that had 54 minutes left on it, so I popped in a couple of quarters and I was golden.

And I think the people liked me. They were nodding at everything I was saying, laughed at my nervous jokes, and genuinely did seem interested in what I could offer to the position. But who knows, I was the first one... they might like someone even better.

The planets were aligned, maybe something really good will come from this. Or maybe, I can chalk it up as a good experience and that will be okay too.

No comments: