June 20, 2008

bits and pieces...

I've got a bunch of different posts running around in my head... so to make life easier, I'm just going to sum everything up in a list! I love lists!! Woohoo to a list!
  • Job Front: I couldn't help myself and I called HR this morning about that other job, and it turns out they actually haven't made a decision yet. Boo! Hiss! to them. So I guess, technically, I'm still waiting to hear, but I'm still expecting my 'thanks, but no thanks' letter.
  • Gardening: My veggie garden is growing beautifully. All except the carrots... I have no idea what happened there, but none of them came up. Anyone know if its a bad idea/too late to plant more? I really wanted carrots.
  • NatNat: I think the terrible 2's are getting closer, her new favourite word is NO! and by that I mean she says NO! to everything!! Me: "NatNat do you want some milk?" NatNat: "NO!" I hand her milk anyway and she drinks it!! This goes on ALL. DAY. LONG. It's enough to make me break out the Russian vodka. For me, not her. What do you think I am, crazy? Probably.
  • My Weight: I'm really proud of Kelly, who didn't quite make her weight loss goal, but still showed off her bod in a bikini (you go, girl!) - and she looks amazing. Me, I've gained 6 pounds since we started Thin Thursdays 8 weeks ago. Whoops. I'm going to have to start doing something about that. and soon.
  • Vacation: after today I only have 4 days of work and then I have a week and a half off... awesome!!!
  • Facebook: My husband is suddenly addicted to Facebook. I have no idea why. Me, I'm only addicted to Word Twist on Facebook. Something I completely suck at.

I think that about sums up my world. I should probably get some actual work done today - but its beautiful out, so I might go and play hooky and sit outside for a while. :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

so by now you must be enjoying your vacation - anything fun planned???
I would love to have a veggie garden - we planned on putting one in this year but just not enough time, hopefully next spring!

Enjoy your break and I hope you get a final answer soon on the job....

Leslie said...

any word yet..... crossing my fingers for you..

and seriously my 13 month old, has hit something terrible, and they ain't twos.. .but close enough.