April 15, 2008

Somewhere over the rainbow...

This is about to be the only reference I will ever make to The Wizard of Oz... and only because yesterday afternoon we had shingles flying everywhere in our yard!

Let me back track a bit, and set up the scene for you... picture it, if you will, I'm on my way to pick up my car (with my mother, NatNat and my niece), the Liberty is getting a new windshield - due to the ginormous crack that showed up a couple of weeks ago - when my cellphone rings (Something that never happens)... its Cory, "I'm in the front yard and there are shingles flying at my head. Where are the forms so I can go and pay the house insurance?"

Yes, people, seriously, he had to pay the house insurance at. that. moment. No, the insurance had not run out (it was due at some point this week), but this was the most pressing issue to him. Not the, oh I don't know, large pieces of SHINGLE that were now zooming around in the air. 'Cause those suckers were coming off in chunks, not only from the house, but the shop as well. GREAT. Thankfully, insurance will pay for a new roof or repairs or whatever... but in the meantime, I'm praying for no rain.

Oh yeah, and to top it all off, I get to the dealership and while they have replaced the windshield, they put a nice scratch in the bumper. So now I'm going to have to take it back so it can be fixed. I'm having some seriously level karma right now.

And, I know I should be posting about the party on the weekend (which went smashingly), plus putting up a picture of the awesome gift I made (which I did take) but considering the last 24 hours... I think I'll do that tomorrow.

No comments: