
18 months ago today I was at work, 40 plus a day weeks pregnant, and I was in labour. And I knew it and I went to work anyway (yes, I used to be that kind of a workaholic. My how things change.).
NatNat was born at 10:40 p.m. via c-section, which was unplanned, but not necessarily a bad thing when it turned out she was the wrong way up or down, or whatever. She was just doing her own thing, as per usual. That night was chaotic, and very overwhelming, and I'm still not sure how I survived an entire day being massively pregnant and never eating. But from the moment I saw her (when I thought she looked like my great-grandmother) I knew I was going to be completely captivated by this little person.
And now, here we are 18 months later. We've had all the various first, first time she rolled over (April Fools Day), first time she sat up, first time she crawled (on one knee and one foot), first time she stood (isn't that what dishwashers are for?), first words, first teeth, first temper tantrum... first everything. Its been simply amazing.
I've loved every moment of the last 18 months. Good night my precious baby girl, sleep well on this your 18-month birthday, please don't wake mommy up tonight.

2 comments:
Happy 18 month-a-versary, NatNat!! Can't wait to meet you this summer!
so so so so sweet... seriously so.
Post a Comment