So my wonderful 4 day weekend was full, but not exactly exciting. I cooked 2, count'en TWO, separate Easter dinners. One on Good Friday for Cory's parents and then one on Sunday for mine. Why we didn't combine them is beyond me - perhaps to spare myself the pain of that much family all at once. Although doing it twice just prolonged the agony.
NatNat loved Easter, she loved collecting eggs (and she got to do it twice), she learned a whole bunch of new words, her favourite being "Freebie!" (thank you, daddy) but most importantly she looooooooooves chocolate, and in a 'if you take it away from me I will scream myself red-faced' kind of way.
So the first three days were busy and packed with people and food. Saturday should have been a day of rest, except we ended up spending the day fixing a bunch of the stuff that Cory's nephews broke on Friday (like the lock to the basement door - do not ask me what they did - I have no idea).
But yesterday, yesterday the day I get extra thanks to my government, job was the heaven. Not that NatNat and I really did anything (Cory had to go to work, so it was just her and I). We spent most of it just bumming around the house, picking stuff up and making extra cheesy macaroni with ham. But it really was an amazing day with this little person I don't always feel like I spend enough time with. Most importantly, I got to remember how much I loved being a stay-at-home-mommy. And how much I want to be one again, and soon.
March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
sounds like such a crazy crazy weekend. Glad you got time with your babe though...
thanks for stopping by.. I will definetly be back
Post a Comment