March 18, 2008

The *new* sick...

So, NatNat apparently has the flu. The icky vomit everywhere kind. (I'd be happier if she had the messy diaper kind - at least that one is somewhat contained, seriously gross, but sorta contained). But no, my child has to go for the full out barfing all over the car seat (not to mention her bear, and her pretty gymboree jacket), plus her grandfather, kind.

And me, me I have a HUGE ASS project to finish at work, and I feel horribly guilty because I dropped said sick-child off at her grandmother's (hence the barfing on grandpa thing). Mind you, my mother is probably better equiped to deal with puke, being an ex-nurse and all.

Today I feel like the worst parent of all time. But at least I heard her at 3am when she was sick, unlike her father who I had to shove out of bed so he could help me clean up and get her back to bed so we all could get some necessary sleep.

Yeah... its going to be a loooooooooooong week. Is it Friday yet?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

argh, I'm with you- I'd rather have the messy-diaper sick. Much easier to clean up! I hope she gets better quick, sick kids are NO FUN.

Unknown said...

Ugh, poor NatNat. Hope she's feeling better soon!