March 11, 2008

A luxury few can afford...

So what gives with the title?

Its hard to explain. sorta. I was once called this by an ex-boyfriend's mother (I believe she was trying to convince him that he couldn't afford to date me, she was an, ahem, lovely lady, and he was a real mama's boy - no wonder the relationship didn't work!).

Truthfully, I always thought it was funny to be called that. Sort of the ultimate backfiring insult. No, I'm not spoilt (at least not in the sense of the true definition - I don't get everything I want), and yes I like nice stuff. But that really isn't the point - let's face it, who doesn't like nice stuff?!?!

So, the blog is named this because, to me its a joke that I have long used, and its also symbolic of where I am trying to go with all this. I'm a time waster, I know that, I also know that I need to become a better/different/something person when it comes to how I manage my life. I need to make the most of the little time I have each day to do the things I want to do. Therefore time has become a luxury few can afford.

So here I am... starting on a new adventure, by blogging. Should be interesting.

1 comment:

Elle said...

I find blogging to actually be a luxury I can't afford. Time wise speaking. However, I dedicate time to it simply for the companionship of other bloggers and the advice I get on occasion. Welcome.