I hated being pregnant. I love my daughter. I adore my daughter. My daughter is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me or my life. However, I hated 99.9% of being pregnant. (Getting pregnant is fun - being pregnant is not!).
That said, at some point we will want a second child. We don't really talk about it - aside from the whole "when we have another one" type comments. Its just a given in our life... more kids (and to a degree I might even like a third - although, I usually snap out of that thought pretty quickly when I think of how much it would cost us).
But twice in the last week its become really clear to me that while I think of my baby as, well a baby, that she's not. NatNat is a 16 months old walking, sort of talking, interactive little, well, person. Now what are the two things you ask? Well, on Sunday we took apart her change table, and converted it into a dresser/hutch combo (which I love - I should find some pictures - maybe tomorrow) because she was standing on it and attempting to jump off into my arms (the joy of being little when you just assume someone will be there to catch you!). And then yesterday, the woman who was my mat leave replacement had a baby. So while I stood there and held this little, beautiful less than one-day-old I realized a couple of things: First that my mother had kids exactly that age apart (my sister is 15.5 months older than me), and secondly, that its almost time for me to have another one.
Have another one while I might still have the energy. While I'm still used to getting up at night still with NatNat. While I still think I'm young enough to loose all that weight a second time (ugh!). While I still have all the stuff from the first go around.
I have no idea what happened, but here I am, actually thinking about doing it again... apparently I'm starting to forget how much I hated it... apparently I'm loosing my marbles.
I think I'll get NatNat potty-trained first. Yeah... that should be fun.
March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hmmm..very interesting. Things we have talked around, but never about. I think it is all starting to make sense now.
Post a Comment