March 13, 2008

Baby doesn't live here anymore...

Okay, so the title is a little melodramatic. Fine, see, I admit it. But I feel the need to wallow in the fact that I've had another moment where my baby doesn't seem so much like a baby to me anymore.

I dropped NatNat off at daycare this morning, she's been going since early September of last year, and every morning I drop her off she cries because I am leaving her. Some days are worse than others, but she always cries.

Not today.

Today, I took her into the 'baby room', and the first thing she did was run over to the plastic slide in the corner. Once there she climbed to the top, turned and gave me the biggest smile, waved and said "bye-bye mommy", before sliding down and pretty much ignoring me because she was too busy. I had to hunt her down to give her a goodbye kiss.

Part of me is happy that she is happy there (because it does mean that my guilt for leaving her is less), but part of me is sad that she has this whole little world I'm not really included or needed.

*sniffle* I miss my baby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awww. she sounds so cute (and big!) now. I demand pics :P