Okay, so I've lost all of 2 of the pounds I regained (still at least another 3 to go). So that's a good thing. But I don't really have the energy or the motivation to do much else about it, except complain about it.
So today, today I went shopping for clothes on my lunch break, sure fired way to get you thinking about getting into better shape. Buy new clothes. I don't really have a lot of time to shop (comes out to about 45 minutes), so instead, I got into various stores I like and buy as much as I can in quick spurts, that I then take home to try on.
I have bags from 3 different stores in the back of Libby (did I ever mention my Jeep Liberty is named Libby? No? My bad). I've got stuff from Mexx, the Gap and Jacob (remind yourselves, I'm Canadian, I don't have all the same stores up here as you folks do done there - although I am planning a trip to Mpls at the end of June where I will hopefully be able to flesh out the rest of my wardrobe).
Guaranteed that at least 75% of the stuff I bought today will be going back for one reason or another (like one of the tops I bought is way too similar to a sweater someone I work with is wearing today - so that has to go back - because I AM NOT planning twins with this woman). But at least this will force me to be honest about what shape I am in.
I'm thinking I'll be crying at some point tonight.
But, I NEED clothes. Most of my clothes either don't fit right or are out of style(I missed two whole summers fashion wise), and people are going to start to comment if I wear the same thing every second day.
Wish me luck. I'm thinking I'm about to have a really painful evening.
May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ugh, I hear you on the never-ending weight loss struggle, and the lack of decent wardrobe. I'm heading to Maine next week, and hopefully will be able to get some decent summer items.
How'd the fashion show go, anyway? Find anything decent?
I hope not too many tears were shed....
I think we can all relate to this - hating everything in our closet, not being satisfied with our body. It is a never ending battle, one that we should all give up on, if only it were so easy....
Good luck with the new cloths, I hope a few of them worked out for you!!!
Post a Comment