May 14, 2008

The amazing vanishing woman!!

I start this blog, I'm doing really well, I'm writing frequently (heck I've even gained a couple of people who read said blog) and then I blow it all out of the water by vanishing for a couple of weeks.

I suck.

Honestly, things have just been super busy, and I'm not sure they are really going to get any better in the near or even distant future. But I will attempt to try and find at least some time to write. But to sum up the past couple of weeks have consisted of the following:

  • We got new shingles put on the house. Considering everything, I'm super thrilled about our new-almost-for-free roof.

  • NatNat has been sick... again. I hate Daycare-itis!!

  • NatNat has been teething... still. When will this every end???

  • Cory has been renovating (read: gutting) my parents kitchen for the past couple of weeks (it's a slow process when you only work on weekends), and I've been trying to help.

  • Mother's day happened. I got a lovely Mama and Baby Turtle statue for my garden. Apparently NatNat picked it out herself.

  • It's been nice outside (most days) so I've been trying to get outside and enjoy the sunshine... when its out there.

  • I've been applying for new jobs. And feeling very unmotivated in the job I have.

  • I've been attempting to get into better shape (since you know, I promised I would) and so far all I've really accomplished is gaining back 4 lbs I originally lost... so you can tell that one isn't working for me.


I think that about sums it up. I've been busy... with lots of little bits of nothing. But its a life. And its a good one.

How about you? Is anyone even still out there?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yup, still here. Thinking about you last night, actually. Hoping you're still coming to see me this summer too. let me know!

Leslie said...

.... sounds busy, and tiring, hang in there.... these crazy seasons do pass Im just coming out of one, and the mellowness is most lovely.